The guiding vision of our Mentoring Subcommittee is to further the Department of Medicine’s mission to create, sustain, and enhance an academic environment that fosters excellent mentoring for all faculty. Recognizing the importance of mentoring in helping faculty reach their career goals and attain career satisfaction, we aim to provide resources that will result in more productive and rewarding mentoring relationships.The program has the following goals:
- To facilitate the development of a mentoring relationship for early career faculty
- To prepare faculty mentors for the mentorship role
- To develop web-based resources for mentors and mentees
- To recognize and reward mentoring
Questions? Contact us.
- Mentoring Worksheet - Complete at Career Conference Report meeting and give to Division Director
- Mentoring Agreement - Optional tool that mentors and mentees can use
- Individial Development Plan (IDP) -The IDP serves as a roadmap to help you achieve your short- and long-term professional and personal goals.
PATHS will help guide you through additional learning opportunities to aid in your career progression. These guidelines detail suggested targeted accomplishments towards promotion with a specific time frame. Each PATH is divided by career year(s) into best practices and academic mission areas.
PATHS can aid in your discussion with mentees as they detail suggested targeted accomplishments towards promotion with a specific time frame. Each PATH is divided by career year(s) into best practices and academic mission areas.
Need career advice or specific skill-building help? The DOM Mentoring Committee is proud to launch the 2018 Mentoring Series, which will feature offerings at five of our sites, including Emory University Hospital, the Atlanta VA Medical Center, Grady Memorial Hospital, Emory University Hospital Midtown and Emory St. Joseph's.
Silver Pear Mentoring - Clinician
- 2017 winner - Joanna Bonsall, MD (Hospital Medicine)
- 2016 winner - Robin E. Rutherford, MD (Digestive Diseases)
- 2015 winner - S. Tanveer Rab, MD (Cardiology)
- 2014 winner - Jason Stein, MD (Hospital Medicine)
Silver Pear Mentoring - Researcher
- 2017 winner - Colleen Kraft, MD (Infectious Diseases)
- 2016 winner - Mark Mulligan, MD (Infectious Diseases)
- 2015 winner - Mike Hart, MD (Pulomonolgy)
- 2014 winner - Igho Ofotokun, MD (Infectious Diseases)
- Russell Kempker, Chair - Infectious Diseases
- Sara Auld - Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- J. Sonya Haw - Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipids
- Reena Hemrajani - Hospital Medicine
- Abeer Moanna - Infectious Diseases
- Vandana Niyyar - Renal Medicine
- Meena Anand Prasa - Digestive Diseases
- Diego Remolina - General Medicine and Geriatrics
- Amir Rezvan - Cardiology
- Ruxana Sadikot - Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Kehmia Titanji - Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipids
- Katina Tsagaris - Rheumatology