Resident & Student Education
Beyond clinical instruction and supervision as medicine ward attendings, faculty within the Emory Division of Hospital Medicine are engaged in multiple programs and educational activities which focus on both resident and student education.
Examples of these activities include:
- Hospital Medicine Division Grand Rounds and Site-specific Lecture Series focused on core topics in Hospital Medicine
- Emory Physician Assistant Student Physical Diagnosis Program
- Medical Procedure Training & Supervision for Internal Medicine Residents
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care Training for Internal Medicine Residents
- Emory School of Medicine Transitions of Care Task Force
- Morbidity and Mortality Conferences
- Resident and Student Mentoring
In addition, several Hospital Medicine faculty serve as associate program directors for the J. Willis Hurst Internal Medicine Residency Program, Medical Society advisors for medical students in the Emory University School of Medicine, and course instructors for the Capstone course given to all Emory medical students just prior to graduation.