Clinical training takes place at three sites across the Emory campus and Atlanta area locations:
- Emory Healthcare
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
- Atlanta VA Medical Center - a 173 bed VA medical center with strong research programs.
For each outpatient clinic, the fellow will see patients under the appropriate supervision of a faculty member. The fellows have a continuity clinic at the Atlanta VA Medical Center. The fellow will have ample time to read sleep studies and home sleep apnea tests and will be able to participate in the interpretation of those studies performed on his/her patients, as well as patients not specifically designated to a fellow.
Fellows will also rotate in ENT, Bariatric Surgery, CBT and Dentistry services.
Although the Emory Sleep Medicine fellows train at multiple sites, our faculty and trainees maintain close communication with each other through our weekly conferences.
Rotations may have other conferences, however there are three conferences that require mandatory attendance regardless of rotation:
- Monday Case conference – 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Monday Journal Club conference (monthly) – 9:30 – 10 a.m.
- Wednesday Atlanta VA Medical Center noon conference - 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Absences from or tardiness in attendance to these conferences because ofclinical workload are NOT acceptable. A minimum attendance of 80% (excluding excused absences) is required for fellow promotion and graduation. It is the fellow’s responsibility to “sign in” at each of these conferences to get credit for attendance.
Fellows are encouraged to attend the following OTHER CONFERENCES, although attendance is not mandatory.
- Department of Medicine - Grand Rounds - Tuesdays from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Divisional Conference/Grand Rounds - Tuesdays from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
- Neurology Grand Rounds – Friday from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
- Clinical Neurophysiology Summer Lecture Series – Tuesday/Thursday 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.