Past Research Resources 101 Workshops
Past Research Resources 101 Workshops are archived on our website for those who were unable to attend or who wish to view the workshop again.
- Opportunities to Consider the Environment in Human Health Research: The HERCULES Exposome Research Center
- BioRAFT: Emory's online system for submitting and maintaining your biosafety protocol
(Download slides) (Download handout)
- How to Fund Your Invention
- NIH Rigor and Reproducibility requirements
- Working with My NCBI and SciENcv for NIH grants and biosketches: the cavalry is here
- Improving your clinical trials: New Emory clinical trials registry and dashboard
(Download slides) (Download FAQ handout)
- Predictive Analytics: New methods to identify correlations between independent large data sets -- no recording
(Download slides/Shuzhao Li) (Download slides/Karan Uppal)
- Dos and Don'ts of IRB Submissions
- School of Medicine (SOM) Research Faculty
- Emory's Clinical Data Warehouse
- Center for Systems Imaging (CSI)
- Efficiently create genetically modified mice using CRISPR/Cas9
(Download slides) (Handout 1) (Handout 2)
- Using REDCap to capture & analyze your research data
(Download slides, speaker 1) (Download slides, speaker 2)
- Emory Core Labs
- Momentum: Emory's Crowdfunding Platform
- The New NIH Biosketch: Advice from Seasoned Study Section Members
- Emory Chemical Biology Discovery Center (ECBDC)
- Research Collaboration Opportunities at the VA
- Tips for Topaz and Working with the IACUC
- Using Social Media to Enhance Your Online Research Presence
(Download slides - 6MB)
- Clinical Research and the ACTSI Clinical Research Network
Download Slides: Clinical Research Network (Arlene Chapman, Guillermo Umpierrez, Thomas Ziegler, Debora Clem)
- Mining and Analyzing Data. Help is Here!
DAB Core Overview (Aneesh Mehta)
DAB Core Data Extraction and Capture (Jeff Weaver)
DAB Biostat Support (Eugene Huang)
Biostatistical Resources for PEDS Research (Courtney McCracken)
- Tissue Acquisition and Biobanks
Note:Webcam feature not enabled.
Winship Human Tissue Procurement Services (HTPS) (Dan Brat)
Emory Transplant Ctr. Biorepository & Integrated Research Support (Aneesh Mehta)
Center for Clinical and Translational Research (CCTR) (Cynthia Wetmore)
- Need to Sweeten Your Research? The Glycomics Center can help! (download slides)
- Hitchhiker's Guide and Other Resources to Navigate the Emory and Children’s Research Environments
Note: Audio cuts out for about a minute during presentation about Medicine website.
- Working with Offices for Clinical Research
Note: Please excuse occasional skipping or audio issues.
- Biostatistical Support: Data, Data Everywhere!
- IRB Dos and Don'ts: A Discussion with the Experts
- Integrated Genomics Core: Decoding Your Research Options
- ACTSI's Research Education, Training and Career Development (RETCD) Programs (view RETCD website)
- Tools and Resources to Mine and Organize Biomedical Information (view handout)
- Role of Technology Transfer in Research
NOTE: AUDIO NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL ABOUT 8.5 MINUTES INTO PRESENTATION DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.
- New Advances in Chemical Synthesis and Drug Discovery
- DOM Metabolomics and CHOA Biomarker Cores
- Clinical Data Extraction Services
- Working with the IRB
- Microscopy in Medicine Core
- Integrated Cellular Imaging