Data Analytics and Biostatistics Core
The Data Analytics and Biostatistics (DAB) Core seeks to provide high-quality biostatistics and IT Data management services to the Department of Medicine by leveraging existing services in the Rollins School of Public Health and the Information Technology Department.
If you have any questions, please email Chad Robichaux at email@example.com.
Biostatistics and Study Design
• Analytic plan development
• Protocol development (for both IRB approval and implementation)
• Sample size calculations Case report form design
• Statistical analysis
• Close collaboration with investigators and data management and extraction services
Clinical Data Extraction
• Data extraction from data sources in a compliant manner, leveraging Emory’s IRB-approved Honest Broker service
• Coordination of data requests Definition of requirements and translation to appropriate queries Proper data stewardship
• Integration of data from multiple sources
• Extraction of data in a format for use
Biomedical Informatics Faculty-level Guidance
• Opportunities to establish innovative techniques for algorithm development
• Biomedical informatics analysis
• Biomedical informatics development
What are the review criteria?
Requests will initially be reviewed to determine if existing resources on campus may be leveraged. The Department of Medicine Data Request Committee will then assess the following criteria:
- Relevance to DOM strategic agenda and/or DOM research initiatives
- Effort estimated for each project
- Project impact/trajectory; and
- Ability and commitment to securing additional funding as needed to complete the project.
Preference will be given to new investigators. Requestors should expect to receive an initial communication about their request within two business days.
Is funding available?
Options are available both for investigators who have funding to allocate toward Data Analysis Biostatistics Core services as well as investigators, with a preference toward junior investigators, who do not have funding available.
The Data Analytics and Biostatistics Core offers 10 hours at no charge, however the requestee is responsible for time exceeding 10 hours.
DAB Core Personnel:
||Chad Robichaux, MPH, Research Informatics Analyst
Mr. Robichaux received his MPH in Epidemiology from the Rollins School of Public Health. He has been with Emory since 2005, and previously worked as the Data Analyst for Emory Healthcare's Infection Prevention Department. His previous projects have included the V-Link trial, central line denominator sharps injury prevention, CLIP reporting, Theradoc implementation and oversight, and CLABSI prevention.
|Shailesh Nair, Research Informatics Analyst
Mr. Nair has twelve years of experience in designing, developing and administrating database-driven applications. He also brings deep knowledge and experience in complex Structured Query Language (SQL) data extraction to the DAB Core.
|Eugene Huang, PhD, Professor of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Dr. Huang has over two decades of research experience in clinical trials and observational studies and in statistical methodology development. He has collaborated extensively with investigators in HIV/AIDS, cancer, and kidney research, and has made numerous contributions to survival analysis and covariate measurement error methodology.
|Andrea Knezevic, MS, Senior Biostatistician
Ms. Knezevic earned a B.S. in Biometry and Statistics from Cornell University and an M.S. in Statistics from the Georgia Institute of Technology. She has six years of experience in clinical data management, data analysis and statistical consulting with the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics in the Rollins School of Public Health.