Georgia Clinical & Translational Science Alliance
What Resources Does the Georgia CTSA Have for Department of Medicine Faculty?
The Georgia Clinical and Translational Science Alliance (CTSA) of Emory University, and partners Morehouse School of Medicine and Georgia Institute of Technology, is one of a national consortium striving to improve the way biomedical research is conducted across the country. The consortium, funded through the NIH’s Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA), shares a common vision to translate laboratory discoveries into treatments for patients, engage communities in clinical research efforts, and train the next generation of clinical investigators.
To fortify and accelerate the process of bringing scientific discoveries to patients, the ACTSI supports programs aimed at liberating the talents of clinical and translational investigators by providing infrastructure, regulatory support, funding, and better access to analytical tools, education, and training. For investigators, this translates into reduced barriers and the development of multidisciplinary collaborations within research centers. For the community, this means improved diagnosis and treatments.
- Funding opportunities to support innovative research projects and events
- Dedicated research facilities throughout metro-Atlanta with specialized nursing staff, resources, and equipment
- Training and career development including a Master of Science in Clinical Research and Certificate in Translational Research
- Regulatory strategies and submission assistance
- Patient recruitment assistance
- Sophisticated tools that transcend specific research areas
- Expertise, problem solving, support, and Studio Consultations in – ethics, biostatistics, epidemiology, research design, biomedical informatics, pediatric research, and clinical trials
How to Access Resources
Visit www.actsi.org and click on ‘Submit a Request’ in the top right corner of the homepage to begin. If you would like to receive the ACTSI weekly e-newsletter, which includes clinical and translational science news, funding announcements, events, resources, and educational opportunities, please send an email to email@example.com.
In The News
Highlighted Researcher: Dan Perrien, PhD
Department faculty to be recognized at 2020 Grady White Coat Gala
Highlighted Researcher: Kasra Moazzami
Emory’s Kidney Disease Screening and Awareness Program to host free kidney screening