Grant Writing Tools and Resources
Emory University Department of Medicine offers a variety of grant writinig tools to help internal faculty obtain grant funding. If you are an internal Emory faculty member and are interested in obtaining grant funding please review the information included in the accordion files below.
If you have further questions please contact DOMResearch@emory.edu.
Grant Writing Resources Updates
To recieve regular grant tools and resources updates as well keep informed of the latest grant award winners subscribe to the Department of Medicine Research Office Newsletter.
- Proposal Development & Grant Writing Support for Department of Medicine faculty
- Consult Program - one-on-one help refining your grant draft or idea
- Grant Templates and Examples - Guides to help you write each section of your grant; examples of successful grant applications
- Career Development Award (CDA) Initiative - a program to help you obtain CDA funding and transition to independent funding
- Grant and Manuscript Editors - Individuals who have expressed interest in working with Emory Department of Medicine faculty
- "GREAT IDEAS" email series (PDF) - the Scholarship Subcommittee put together an email series of "GREAT IDEAS." These will be sent out every two weeks on the Department of Medicine research listserv Subscribe!
- K-Club - a series of workshops with topics involving NIH K awards
- Review important Research Compliance Links from research administration.
- Double Check that Your CCR Registration from the NIH is Active well before your grant deadline. Registration issues, including expired CCR registration, are not acceptable reasons for submitting a late grant application.
- Review Top TEN Things (PDF) document that every Mentored Career Development Awardee and Career Development Award Mentor should know.
- Review and include Action Verbs (PDF) in your grant writing proposals to optimize your chances for obtaining your grant.
- Researchers are encouraged to contact theMedicine RAS Pre-Award Team as soon as they are considering submitting a proposal. You will be assigned a pre-award specialist to provide the current salary information, fringe benefit rate, and help determine the Facilities & Administration rate.
Funding Opportunities available to Emory Department of Medicine researchers
Find currently funded grants/projects through NIH RePORTER (Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools)
CSR videos: gives you an inside look at the grant review process as well as tips for NIH applicants
Rock Talk: very helpful extramural news & tips from NIH
NIH Essentials and NSF Essentials- brought to you by OSP; feature frequently used grant-related info and resources.
In The News
Highlighted Researcher: Hongyan Qu
Breaking the barriers: minority women in medicine
Five Department of Medicine faculty received the SOM Imagine, Innovate and Impact Awards
Blake Harrington named new administrator for the Division of Cardiology