Infectious Diseases Accomplishments
The Emory Division of Infectious Disease is highly recognized locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Some accomplishments include:
- Increase in research funding to over $30 million annually (500% increase) in FY 14.
- Infectious Diseases faculty members occupy national advisory boards and senior Emory leadership positions including the Institute of Medicine, Association of American Physicians (AAP), Association of Professors of Medicine (APM), Southern Society for Clinical Investigation ( SSCI), Chief of Medicine at Grady Memorial Hospital, Co-Chair of the Emory IRB, and Vice Chair of Education and Integration in the Department of Medicine.
Major research awards to division faculty include:
- Emory NIH-sponsored Vaccine Treatment and Evaluation Unit (VTEU)
- NIH Clinical Trials Unit o NIH Clinical and Translational Science Award
- NIH Tuberculosis Research Unit