James Paul Steinberg, MD
Professor of Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine
Chief Medical Officer
Emory University Hospital Midtown
Office: MOT 5th Fl 4403
- Chief Medical Officer at Emory University Hospital Midtown
- Hospital Epidemiologist at Emory University Hospital Midtown
Medical service contributions
- Attending physician on the Infectious Diseases consultation service at Emory University Hospital Midtown Hospital
- Outpatient service at the Emory Healthcare Infectious Diseases clinic
- Medical Student Teaching
- Lecturer in the Medical Pharmacology course
- Mentor for Problem-Based Learning course
- Graduate Program
- Weekly ID case conferences
- Annual lecturer at Medical Grand Rounds
- Infectious Diseases Fellows didactic course
- Epidemiology and prevention of nosocomial infections particularly bloodstream infections.
- Prevention of surgical site infections.
- Bloodstream infections, including intravascular device-related infections, occurring in the hospital and non-hospital settings.
- Healthcare worker safety.
- Hepatitis C and HIV co-infection in persons with hemophilia.