Staff Awards & Recognition
- Leadership Excellence Award - Sandra Talley
- "Unsung Hero" Award - Rita Frazier
- Excellence in Innovation Award - Marcus Urquiaga
- Outstanding Service Award - Alia Kamel
- Department of Medicine Staff Awards
- Emory University Award of Distinction
- Emory's "Above and Beyond" Staff Award recognizes and honors staff within the School of Medicine who demonstrate outstanding acts of character, including integrity, passion, teamwork, productivity, and cultural diversity.
- Emory University Service Awards
Informal recognition is given to employees for achieving certain goals or for projects well accomplished.
Ideas and Suggestions:
- Write a letter/email of praise recognizingspecific contributions and accomplishments. Send a copy to senior management and add to the employee's personnel file.
- Allow employees to leave early or take a long lunch.
- If you have a department/division newsletter, publish a “kudos” column and ask for nominations throughout the department.
- Encourage and recognize staff who pursue continuing education.
- Establish a place to display memos, posters, photos, and so on to recognizing progress towards goals and thanking individual employees for their help.
- Send handwritten thank-you cards to employees who go the extra mile.
- Invite employees to workshops/seminars or plan a brown-bag lunch for your team
- Give Certificates of Appreciation or Recognition highlighting what they did.
- Have a pizza party for staff after completing a major project.
- Serve ice cream sundaes to all of your employees at the end of a project.
- Hold informal retreats to foster communication and set goals.
- Have weekly breakfasts with groups of employees.
- Bake/bring a gift (cookies, bread, etc.) for an outstanding employee or team.
- Treat an employee to lunch or coffee.
- Encourage and allow employees to attend university events.
- Plan a surprise achievement celebration for an employee or a group of employees.
*Adapted by The George Washington University