Staff Awards & Recognition
2018 Department of Medicine Staff Award Nominees
We are especially pleased with this year's record number of outstanding faculty and staff nominees who have made significant contributions to their divisions, the Department of Medicine, the School of Medicine and Emory University.
The award winners will be announced at Celebratory Grand Rounds on Tuesday, 6/26 from 11:45 a.m. -1:00 p.m. in the Emory University Hospital Auditorium.
Click here to view full list of nominees.
2017 Department of Medicine Staff Award winners
- Leadership Excellence Award - Sandra Talley
- "Unsung Hero" Award - Rita Frazier
- Excellence in Innovation Award - Marcus Urquiaga
- Outstanding Service Award - Alia Kamel
- Department of Medicine Staff Awards
- Emory University Award of Distinction
- Emory's "Above and Beyond" Staff Award recognizes and honors staff within the School of Medicine who demonstrate outstanding acts of character, including integrity, passion, teamwork, productivity, and cultural diversity.
- Emory University Service Awards
Informal recognition is given to employees for achieving certain goals or for projects well accomplished.
Ideas and Suggestions:
- Write a letter/email of praise recognizingspecific contributions and accomplishments. Send a copy to senior management and add to the employee's personnel file.
- Allow employees to leave early or take a long lunch.
- If you have a department/division newsletter, publish a “kudos” column and ask for nominations throughout the department.
- Encourage and recognize staff who pursue continuing education.
- Establish a place to display memos, posters, photos, and so on to recognizing progress towards goals and thanking individual employees for their help.
- Send handwritten thank-you cards to employees who go the extra mile.
- Invite employees to workshops/seminars or plan a brown-bag lunch for your team
- Give Certificates of Appreciation or Recognition highlighting what they did.
- Have a pizza party for staff after completing a major project.
- Serve ice cream sundaes to all of your employees at the end of a project.
- Hold informal retreats to foster communication and set goals.
- Have weekly breakfasts with groups of employees.
- Bake/bring a gift (cookies, bread, etc.) for an outstanding employee or team.
- Treat an employee to lunch or coffee.
- Encourage and allow employees to attend university events.
- Plan a surprise achievement celebration for an employee or a group of employees.
*Adapted by The George Washington University