Performance management is a strategic and integrated approach to enhancing the performance of people within an organization. It includes:
Evaluating the performance of employees
Holding employees accountable
Providing regular, ongoing feedback
Helping each person to fulfill their potential
Emory's performance management process is designed to facilitate communication between the employee and their supervisor regarding the job performance and accomplishments during a specified period. The process is structured to encourage an increased exchange of information between the supervisor and the employee. Supervisors and employees share responsibility for this process.
Learn more about performance management at Emory on the central Human Resources Web page.
- Performance management "Quick Tips" on YouTube
- Professional development resources
- Performance log example (tool)
- Professional Development Plan (Emory-offered)
- Coaching and feedback courses (Emory-offered)