Applicants to the Emory Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipids fellowship program must have a medical degree (MD) and eligible to take the ABIM board exam in Internal Medicine. Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) .
In order to be considered, applicants must have completed an accredited three-year internal medicine residency by the beginning of the fellowship program.
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Personal statement -the personal statement should include a description of previous research and clinical experience, a reason for interest in the Endocrinology Fellowship, and an indication of your career goals.
- Three letters of reference - one from the director of your residency training program
- USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3 Score Reports
- Official Medical School Transcript
- ECFMG Report, if applicable
- A recent photograph (optional)
Application and Interview Schedule
Interviews are required and will be conducted from July - September. Applicant selection will be done through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Relevant dates for 2017 applicants
- July 1, 2017: Applicants may apply to program through ERAS.
- July 15, 2017: ERAS opens to program for application downloading.
- August 1, 2017: NRMP Match begins.
- October 10, 2017: NRMP Rank order list opens.
- November 14, 2017: NRMP Rank order list closes.
- December 5, 2017: Match Day.
- July 1, 2017: Selected applicants begin the training program.