The Emory Diabetes Education Training Academy provides a variety of educational opportunities for healthcare professionals based on your particular needs. We are committed to quality diabetes education for all.Emory Diabetes Education Training Academy
We offer 1 hour Continuing Medical Education breakfasts and lunch and learns with Emory University Endocrinologists. Additionally, we conduct CME online webinars for healthcare professionals unable to attend our live events.
This three-day continuing education seminar is open to professionals of the healthcare team including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, social workers and others with present or planned involvement in the management and education of individuals with diabetes. Multi-discipline health care teams interested in organizing or improving a diabetes program are especially encouraged to attend. Professionals preparing to take the Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) examination will find the course facilitates their study. At the completion of the course, participants will receive an Emory University School of Medicine Certificate as well as 29.1 CEUs.
This FREE one day course has an online and an in-person component. This one-day seminar is open to nurses, dietitians, licensed practical nurses, medical assistants, community healthcare workers, public health employees, and students. At the completion of the course, participants will receive an Emory University School of Medicine Certificate as well as 8.7 CEUs.Course Dates:
- January 31, 2019
- April 12, 2019
- June 27, 2019
- September 13, 2019
- December 5, 2019
- Register for the January 31, 2019 course
- Register for the April 12, 2019 course
- Register for the June 27, 2019 course
- Register for the September 13, 2019 course
- Register for the December 5, 2019 course
Contact: Ina Flores for questions about the course and registration. 404-251-8976
This past year we hosted numerous CEU webinars. Once you complete the survey at the end of the activities, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the 1-hour credit certificate for each of the webinars you viewed.
Other webinars also include:
- Diabetes Management in the Elderly Population - Maya Fayfman, MD
- Comabating Clinical Inertia: A Stepwise Approach to Diabetes Management - Priyathama Vellanki, MD
- A Play by Play of the National Standards to Apply for AADE Accreditation (Part 1) - Britt Rotberg,MS,RD,LD,CDE,BC-ADM
- A Play by Play of the National Standards to Apply for AADE Accreditation (Part 2) - Britt Rotberg,MS,RD,LD,CDE,BC-ADM
- Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes - Sonya Haw, MD
- The Ups and Downs of New Oral Antidiabetic Drugs - Priyathama Vellanki, MD
- Managing Dyslipidemia in type 2 DM - Mary Ellen Sweeney, MD
- DM Technology Update - Dr. Bruce Bode
Webinar Opportunity: AACE Webcast
Title: "Rapid Response from Austin: Expanding Options in Type 2 Diabetes Management”
Provided by: Vindico Medical Education
Supported by: Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Lilly USA, LLC,
This activity is certified for 0.75 credit hours and will be available for the
duration of 1 year expiring on May 23, 2018.