Fellows Teaching Competition
Many Emory University Department of Medicine Fellows choose to participate in a teaching competition between fellows - the J. Willis Demonstration of Teaching Excellence.
2016 Fellows Teaching Competition Winner
2016 Fellows Teaching Competition Participants
- Astrid Belalcazar-Portacio, MD, Hematology/Oncology
- Kristian Stodghill, MD, Geriatric Medicine
- Justin “Brett” Mendel, MD, Digestive Diseases
- Mary Elizabeth Sexton, MD, Infectious Diseases
- Priyanka Rajaram, MD, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Mary Abraham, MD, MBA, Rheumatology
- Matthew Crim, MD, MSc, MA, Cardiology
- Shreya Pujara, MD, Endocrinology
- Muhammad Kashif Qaseem, MD, Renal Diseases
The Teaching competition is made possible by many Emory University medical students, residents, fellows, division chiefs, fellowship program directors and faculty who support the participants each year.
2015 Fellows Teaching Competition Winner
2015 Fellows Teaching Competition Participants
- Sofian Al-Khatib, Renal Medicine
- Jordan Kempker, Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Mathew Farban, Rheumatology
- Derrick Lowery, Hospice and Palliative Care (Gen Med/Geriatrics Division)
- Zachariah DeFilipp, Hematology and Oncology
- Sunil Dacha, Digestive Diseases
- Maria Lee, Endocrinology
- Mahmoud Abdou, Cardiology
- Varun Phadke, Infectious Diseases
2014 Fellows Teaching Competition
Ahsan Sonny Achtchi, DO, in the Division of Cardiology, won the 2014 Fellows Teaching Competition.
Other 2014 Emory Fellows Teaching Competition participants include:
- Jeremy Anthony, MD - Endocrinology, "How to Think Like an Endocrinologist"
- Mir Alikhan, MD - Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care, "Hypoxemia"
- Jason Brown, MD - Digestive Diseases "Esophageal Varices"
- Phyllis Tawiah, MD - Geriatric Medicine, "An Approach to Delirium"
- Lindsay Margoles, MD - Infectious Diseases, "Leprosy and The Armadillo"
- Ahsan "Sonny" Achtchi, DO - Cardiology, "Cardiac Tamponade"
- Conor Steuer, MD - Hematology and Oncology, "Spinal Cord Compression"
- Katina Tsagaris, DO, MPH - Rheumatology, "Beneath the Surface of Scleroderma"
- Sarah Johnson, MD - Renal Diseases, "An Approach to Acid-Base Disturbances"