Simon Mwangi, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine
- Kenyatta University/International Livestock Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya - PhD, Biochemistry, 1997
- Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, MSc, Biology, 1990
- University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya, BSc (Hons), 1985
- Biochemistry and Zoology (major), Botany, Chemistry and Geography (minor)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases, Atlanta, Georgia, 2003-2009
Supervisor: Dr. Shanthi Srinivasan, MD.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, 2002-2003
Supervisor: Julie Moore, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Iowa State University/National Animal Disease Center, ARS/USDA, Ames, Iowa, 1997-2002
Supervisor/s: Marcus Kehrli, DVM, PhD; Michael Taylor, DVM, PhD; Thomas Stabel, PhD
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, 1988-1989