News and Events
- Dr. Ihab Hajjar nominated as one of America's Top Physicians
- Recent paper published by the BSHARP team in JAMA Neurology on cognitive function and related racial disparity has been noted in 19 different news stories from 18 outlets
- BSHARP investigators quoted for their recent paper on proton pump inhibitors (PPI) and cognitive function on CNN story, "Heartburn drugs tied to increased risk of early death, study says"
- BSHARP Research Program hosts the Helene Mills Health Initiative
- Dr. Ihab Hajjar wins the Tinsley Harrison Award for 2017 as author of the best article published in The American Journal of the Medical Sciences for his paper titled "Circulating Progenitor Cells is Linked to Cognitive Decline in Healthy Adults"
- BSHARP Postdoctoral Fellow, Om Sharma, was awarded 3rd place for his clinical poster, "Cerebral Blood Flow is Associated with Executive Function in Hypertensive African Americans but not Caucasions" that was presented at the 9th Annual Department of Medicine Research Day.
- BSHARP tabled at the FDHA’s 5th Annual Health Summit at the Hyatt Regency Hotel
- BSHARP tabled at the Emory ADRC 12th Annual Brain Health Forum at the Carter Center
- Dr. Ihab Hajjar was the 2016 Rudman Lecturer and presented on "Vascular Contributor to Cognitive Aging: Targeting RAS and its Modulation" at the University of Wisconsin's Memorial Lecture
- Dr. Ihab Hajjar nominated for Outstanding Clinical Research Award by the Emory School of Medicine
- Emory Reasearch Team awarded $5.2 million to study vascular-Alzheimer's link
- Dr. Ihab Hajjar selected as Official Honoree at A Family Affair event hosted by the Emory ADRC
- Dr. Ihab Hajjar recognized as an Emory Millipub member for work on Trends in Prevalence, Awareness, Treatment, and Control of Hypertension in the United States, 1988-2000
- Dr. Ihab Hajjar study selected as one of the Top 100 Cited Scientific Reports Focused on Hypertension Research