(Not all contact information is available when accessed from off-campus locations.)
Dr. Flacker is an Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine, Division of General Medicine and Geriatrics. He is the Chief of the Section of Geriatrics and Gerontology. Dr. Flacker received his MD from the University of Chicago-Pritzker School of Medicine and is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine from the American Board of Internal Medicine.
He is a dedicated physician who has been recognized multiple times as a "Top Doctor" in Atlanta Magazine. He is also widely recognized as a physician educator and presently serves as Chair for the American Geriatrics Society Education Committee.
My Curriculum Vitae
Publications & Presentations
1. Flacker JM, Lipsitz LA. Neural mechanisms of delirium: current hypotheses
and evolving concepts. J Gerontol 1999;54: B239-B246.
2. Flacker, JM. The role of the cholinergic and other neurotransmitter systems in
delirium. Res Pract Alz Dis 2000;3:163-167.
3. Flacker JM, Kiely DK. Mortality-related factors and one-year survival in nursing
home residents. J Am Geriatr Soc 2003;51:213-221.
4. Flacker JM. So what is a geriatric syndrome anyway? Journal of the American
Geriatrics Society. J Am Geriatr Soc 2003;51:574-576.
5. Flacker JM, Spiro L. Does question comprehension limit the utility of the
Geriatric Depression Scale in older African-Americans? J Am Geriatr Soc
6. Flacker JM. The Misunderstood Geriatric Syndrome. Geriatrics & Aging
7. Flacker JM, Scott D. Training Hospitalists in Geriatric Medicine: Where do we
stand? Caring for The Hospitalized Elderly: Special Supplement to The
Hospitalist. November 2004.